Although one of the first items you add to your packing list is probably your toothbrush, it's probably also the one you put the least amount of thought into. It's convenient for manual toothbrush users to just grab and go, but a little more preparation is required for those of us who prefer the cleaning power of electric toothbrushes.
Since electric toothbrushes are able to clean more plaque than manual alternatives, once you start using one, there is typically no going back. When travelling, it also becomes important. In the past, this meant that to pack your hefty electric toothbrush and all its attachments, you had to carve out a big chunk of room in your luggage, but nowadays, there are plenty of compact choices made specifically for travellers.
Related: Manual Vs Electric Toothbrushes
Depending on your trip, you may require a carry-on suitcase, or you may only need a large rucksack or backpack. Therefore, we have rounded up a list of all the things you can and cannot take with you on a plane.
What you can pack on a plane:
- Electronics such as laptops, tablets and mobile phones
- Phone and laptop chargers
- Small tools such as tweezers, razors, nail clippers and scissors (12cm)
- Liquids including shampoo, perfume, medicine, makeup products
- Gels such as toothpaste, hair gel, hand sanitizer
- Aerosols such as deodorant, hair spray
- Medication (prescription and over-the-counter)
- Baby food
- Food items that do not contain any liquid
- Matches and common lighters
- E-cigarettes and vaping devices
What you can’t take on a plane:
- Flammable items such as paints, lighter fluid
- Chemicals such as chlorine, bleach and fertilizers
- Explosive Items including fireworks and flares
- Alcoholic beverages over 140 proof, such as grain alcohol
There are rules on what you can and can't carry in your hand baggage and hold luggage on an aircraft. This includes dangerous and restricted items. Other restrictions may be in place, so contact your airline directly if you have any questions.
Next time you are travelling and thinking of taking your electric toothbrush - just know that the Sonsik Pulse has you covered! The perfect item to bring with you when travelling as it is lightweight, battery powered and comes in a protective case!
To shop, click here.